PDA

View Full Version : Black-Throated Blue

Graham Smith.
05-21-2009, 06:30 AM
I took this shot last week while at Point Pelee, Ontario. I really wanted a nice shot of a Black-throated blue warbler and this was as close as I got. The image was created by merging two successive frames - one with a sharp head and the other with a sharper body.

Shot with Nikon D90, 200-400 f/4 +1.4X TC handheld at 1/100, f/5.6, evaluative metering +1.0EV

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions...

Alfred Forns
05-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi Graham when you are going after these little guys at such low shutter speeds might consider a monopod?

Excellent exposure and bg not easy for coming up with a clean one !!! Would crop from the bottom but its just taste. Good PS work ... I was wondering how the tail so in focus :)

Dave Leroy
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Really nice look back pose Graham. Well done Dave

Christopher Miller
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Nice pose and BG, Graham. Might just want to open up the face area a bit. Well done getting a good, clean shot.

Gus Cobos
05-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi Graham,
I like the composition, and capture. I like the turned head pose...you display sharp details and good color rendition...my suggestion would be to eliminate the two oof twigs in the background; they are distracting and takes the attention away from your subject...also would lighten up the area around the eyes...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Graham - Gus pretty much nailed the techs for me - nice P.S. work - looking forward to seeing more.

Katie Rupp
05-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Very nice capture, Graham; techs already covered and I'm looking forward to more.

GehringT
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Graham,

This is one of my favorite warblers, great shot. I have yet to find one of these guys in the open, I have a lot great rear end shot of these little guys!! The only thing I would do to this image is clean up the BG as others have said.

Keep up the good work!

Tim