PDA

View Full Version : The Wall

Ed Vatza
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/0905_LehighParkwayIR_020-Edit-Edit.jpg

Just had my Canon Rebel XT converted to IR by Life Pixel. I took a couple of minutes at lunch today to head into a local park and try a few things out.

Image made with an IR-converted Canon Rebel XT and "Nifty Fifty" (50mm f/1.8) lens; handheld.

1/250 sec @ f/11; ISO 200; -1/3 EV

denise ippolito
05-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Ed, I just checked out your blog and Wow! I love that tree w/ pinecones image!!
I think this looks like a painting. I like the overall design .It looks like alot of red.
On the left hand side is a piece of something I would eliminate. Very creative.

Michael Pancier
05-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice work. Did you have it calibrated to the 50 1.8? I typically use a zoom on mine since I'm always looking for wider end shots, but you got me thinking to try mine out.

It's also interesting how the different cameras react to the IR. On my 20d, deep IR B&W, I have to shoot typically at +2 in Manual Mode to get a good image. Interesting that you have to cut back on this one.

Ed Vatza
05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Nice work. Did you have it calibrated to the 50 1.8? I typically use a zoom on mine since I'm always looking for wider end shots, but you got me thinking to try mine out.

Since I had a 50 1.8 laying around, I went with the basic Canon calibration. So I wanted to start using that lens. I have also used the IR Rebel XT with my 24-70. I am still working on the focusing which seems a tad tricky to me. That said, I am finding the IR camera fun. I actually posted some close-ups on the Macro/Flora forum using the IR camera with the 50 1.8 and an extension tube as well as the 24-70 and actually tried to use Photomatix HDR as well. All in the name of experimentation!:)