PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Bunting

Dan Womack
05-20-2009, 05:05 PM
50D 500 f4 + 1.4 6.3 @ 1/250 M spot ISO 400 After Peter and Roger helped me get the blues blue again I thought I would post one. Had trouble sharpening this fellow

Aidan Briggs
05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm afraid this one doesn't work for me. It is too dark overall, and the stuff in the BG is distracting. The actual plumage of the bird has little detail. There also seems to be evidence of PS work around the bird, giving it a little bit of the "cookie cutter" look. Nice clean perch, and good pose though.

Keep them coming!

Daniel Cadieux
05-20-2009, 05:20 PM
A beautiful species to have had the chance to photograph! Good glnce-back pose. The perch is nice and thin, too bad there is a piece covering both feet. Focus is spot on, but I agree the bird has no fine detail...is this a large crop - if so that could be a reason you had trouble sharpening it. The BG foliage is a bit of a distraction, you could try toning it down to see if it makes a positive difference. You could also try warming the colour temp a bit as the image seems to be on the cool side of things. Thanks for sharing this beauty, hope you have more for us!! :-)

John Chardine
05-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Super pose and head angle Dan. I would tone the light green foliage down a bit- various ways of doing this by burning-in, soft cloning etc. I tried a Smart Sharpen in Photoshop of 100%, 0.2, Lens Blur and it come up very nicely. Just needs a little extra boost in sharpness.

Dan Womack
05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks Folks. Appreciate the comments and am trying John's suggestions

Arthur Morris
05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
How large a crop? (Image quality looks suspect at best....)