PDA

View Full Version : Pelican with nesting material

Roman Kurywczak
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Haven't been in AWF for a while. I invite you all to participate in the macro memorial day weekend challenge and push your photographic skills. Go there to check it out and diversify your skills. Got a bunch of pelicans with nesting material on my March tour with James. We both laughed when we saw this one because the branch/twig/root?....was so long. Had to back off the Sigmonster to get it in. Cropped to a pano to remove space above bird.
Canon Mark lll with the Sigma 300-800mm lens at 648mm at ISO 800 for 1/2500 sec. at f7.1.

Ramon M. Casares
05-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I like the pano crop idea but I would defenitely leave more room, specially on top, other than that, the shot is preety much perfect to me, I love the moment, the amazing light, stunning detail, superb pose with the wing tip tpouching the water and the nice comp. Congratulations!

Axel Hildebrandt
05-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Great light, details, pose and the nesting material adds to it. I would give it more room at the top.

Fabs Forns
05-20-2009, 07:07 PM
What a trail, I love the long branches they carry, thsy are such powerful birds. Nice EXP and composition.

And loving your flowers too :) :)