PDA

View Full Version : King of the Hole

Paul Marcellini
05-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Well the rains have finally hit and this guy/gal will soon have a little more room. This gator is a resident to a smaller cypress dome and this is a reshoot of an idea from last year. It wasn't as nice this year but it probably made a better shot. I may have a few more days before the water rises so if you have any ideas hit me with them quick. Thanks,

Paul

5d2, 16-35
Lens (mm): 26
ISO: 1250
Aperture: 5
Shutter: 1/100
Exp. Comp.: -0.7

Mark Fuge
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I like the use of wide angle lens. But could you get in a little closer? ;) :eek: :D

Nice shot. Clear and ... friendly! :o

The rains just hit so you may have to hurry back to get the low water shots. But we do need the rain, though without winds!!! :eek:

Ed Cordes
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Very interesting image. I like the eye contact and open mouth. The environmental feel is good. I might suggest a lower angle and a slight CW rotation.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Paul,
This is what I was expecting from your Africa images. A wide angle thrust on the lions. :D:D

I like this one. Further lower angle would be interesting but may result in the reflection being blurred. Keep us posted with your experiments. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chris Hansen
05-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Paul,

I am one for some pretty far out ideas so take this with either ROFLOL or a large grain of salt. Have you considered the idea of mounting your camera on a pole with long shutter release and sliding it at ground level toward the gator on a ground pod.

I can certainly see the news headlines. Alligator eats photographers equipment.

; Chris

Stephen Earle
05-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Lovely image here. The wide angle makes one feel part of the scene.

Fabs Forns
05-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Very interesting habitat, at least, very muddy :)
I like the use of wide angle to include the environment.