PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back From the Wave Entrance

Dave Mills
05-20-2009, 09:09 AM
The Wave is a magical place of swirling sandstone in Arizona. It's a 3 mile hike to get there and one needs a permit . Last I heard they only allow 10 passes a day. My advice is to go in the Spring or Fall and not the summer due to the heat.
This was shot right before I went digital so I haven't any specs other than it was shot at F22, Nikon F5, 24-120 lense

Roman Kurywczak
05-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey Dave,
Really like the way the wave frames the image and keeps us in the scene. Also like the distant mountains and how they decrease in size from right to left. Only thing that appears to need some tweaking is the sky color......looks a bit funkt/cyan in the central part but this is very minor and an easy fix. Very nicely composed and a bit different view on the wave.

Michael Pancier
05-21-2009, 10:49 AM
nice skies you had. I went in the winter ... that hike is brutal. I agree on balancing the sky

Bruce Murden
05-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Good framing -- nice to see another aspect of The Wave.

Phil Colla
05-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Nice shot, that is a great place for landscapes. When I first saw this image something about it struck me as different, then I realized its flipped 180 degrees left/right, perhaps you had the tranny in backwards when you scanned it? The little bit of sky and distant detail is nicely balanced with the sweeping foreground

Dave Mills
05-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi Phil, I took the image years ago and scanned it recently. That might be the case. I'll check on it....

Danny Laredo
06-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Lovely image Dave.