PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Miniworld - Buckingham Fountain

Mark Fuge
05-19-2009, 01:13 PM
This image was taken a few years ago on one of our homeward trips to Chitown. It is Buckingham Fountain. I like the colors of the wheel and the single fountain spray. My wife love the fountain, in any form. ;) Given the theme I decided to try it here.

Thought about calling it shuttle launch, but ...

denise ippolito
05-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Mark, It does look like a shuttle launch! Nice use of negative space,I like the vibrant colors w/ the framing!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Does look like NASA with lift-off. You really explore these themes Mark.

Mark Fuge
05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks, I'll throw in the original tomorrow. I'm on my wife's computer while mine is upgraded, so I don't have access to my images and Photo Elements.

Indranil Sircar
05-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Excellent visualization, Mark. It is almost like a portal to another universe - maybe a Stargate? Next time I look at a fountain, I will think about it... Love the final effect.

Mark Fuge
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Thank you Indranil. As noted, it reminded me of the shuttle launch that those of us here in Florida have viewed at one time in the past, for the most part.

These are the two images I took that night. I removed the sky due to distractions and cleaned up the front of the fountain due to pedestrians. It was shot on slide and printed then scanned on flatbed so there is a lot of noise, but it doesn't show up that bad in the right size image. Besides it work well for this theme. ;)