Reflectors
Cropped about 25 percent for composition
NR
Shot Indoors
Comments/Sugggestions Appreciated
Thanks!

Dave Phillips
05-18-2009, 07:50 PM
a beautiful study Jackie....awesome stamen for sure.
There is something about the compo that is a bit lacking IMO....not sure "exactly" what.

All other aspects are sweet

Gus Cobos
05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Lady Jackie,
This is a beautiful lady captured just right...:) I like the composition, image and capture...I like the fine details and texture in the petals...She has a soft magical glow to her which I like very much...The stamen is placed well in frame...I took the liberty in adjusting the color pallet on your lady by punching up the reds just a tad and selective sharpening parts of the textured petals and the stamen, giving her a slight back light in the center...see if you like this...:cool:

P.S. I would like you to show me the full image uncropped...:)

denise ippolito
05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Jackie, The stamen and colors are fantastic-Like the use of reflectors. Did you try a crop w/ the stamen more to the corner? I kinda like the crop here -it's different.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Let me know Dave if you think of something, I am here to learn, and thanks for commenting.

Dave Phillips
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Let me know Dave if you think of something, I am here to learn, and thanks for commenting.

I think the stamen needs an anchor point......some of the stamen base
and surround needs to show....IMO

Jackie Schuknecht
05-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Here is the unedited jpeg. I actually like the comp better, but got a little freaked out by the ROT. Any cropping suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Dave Mills
05-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi Jackie, I liked your original post but too my eye it might have been stronger with more of a base.

Alfred Forns
05-19-2009, 07:49 AM
.... the only think I can think of is the base of the stem having little room but overall it does look real good and love the precise dof !!! Neat !!!

The re post keep getting better !!!! I like the darker base of the last one ... would sharpen a little more.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Tried a rework and put it vertically.

Richard Waas
05-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Great job of getting the DOF and sharpness. I struggle at times with the comp and am not sure what is the best way to present. You have an excellent capture.

Harold Davis
05-19-2009, 04:30 PM
got no clue what to tell you compowise, but i like the colors and sharpness in the last repost. maybe panning down and left in the original would have composed it better including all of the stamen and giving it room to point into?

Katie Rupp
05-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for posting this, Jackie, as it elicited a good discussion and suggestions for alternate composition. I really like the way you captured the color hues.

Oscar Zangroniz
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Like the details and the composition on your original post.