PDA

View Full Version : Crabapple

Rene Quenneville
05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I took this picture yesterday, a very windy day. I tried my luck several times while handholding the camera (no use for a tripod since the subject was mooving so much). I cranked up the ISO in order to keep the depth of field. I love my Sigma 150mm macro: The OOF is very soft.

Please comment on the composition. I was not sure on how to optimize the scene.

1/180 s
f/10
ISO 640
150mm macro lens

Julie Kenward
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Rene, I like the comp but think it would have been stronger as a vertical in the frame. Maybe put the main blossom in the top right corner and let the other blossoms cascade down across the frame? I'd also consider boosting the contrast just a tiny bit to bring the whites up a little.

Rene Quenneville
05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you for your kind comments. Here is the repost with added contrast and vertical crop.

John Lowin
05-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Rene, Very crisp image and great color. I like your repost better, it has a more natural flow. I think I would still like to see the whole leaf tip at the upper left if that works. Interesting how different your crabapple blossoms are from mine, both in color change from bud to blossom (mine) and in blossom shape. But thats what makes this so fascinating! - John

Thomas Herou
05-19-2009, 04:33 AM
I like also the repost better.Wonderful colors and a very harmonic comp.

Mike Moats
05-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Rene, very nice comp, good details and BG. Like the repost.