PDA

View Full Version : Dream a Little

Paul Marcellini
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
On the first morning, we left the lodge in Amboseli, turned the corner and bam, the scene you see. I couldn't change to a wide angle fast enough. =) Unfortunately, we couldn't stop for long due to traffic of all the guides leaving. I dunno how they also didn't think this was the most amazing thing, but anyways, due to a running diesel a lot weren't sharp but I was blessed with this and another that are. The trip was for winning Outdor Photographer's Magical Adventures Grand Prize, and then to get this image, I feel dreams do come true. 4 years ago this month I bought my first camera, a 20d.

5d2, Tamron 28-75@75
ISO: 800
Aperture: 7.1
Shutter: 1/30
Exp. Comp.: -0.7
handheld and 2 stop soft gnd
about a 12 mp image as seen

I posted a series from Amboseli on my blog also: http://www.paulmarcellini.com/blog/2009/05/amboseli-national-park/

Dave Mills
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Paul, This shot is almost magical. Perfect example of rule of thirds here. The lighting on the elephants is warm and soft and their placement is nicely arranged. My eye then moves up to a beautifully lit mountain with a fog bank that adds interest. Finally there is a pinkish cloud to complete the top. Beautifully handled and every element fell into place!!

Don Berendsen
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
That is a magical image Paul. The formal arrangement of the picture elements works exceptionally well with the square format to enhance the overall feeling of the scene. Pity others didn't share your vision and give the moment the attention it deserved. Thanks for sharing this one, it's truly exceptional.

Harold Davis
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
woooohooooo!! the stuff dreams are made of for sure!! big congrats, paul. nuff said!

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Paul= What a perfect image. It makes me feel as if I were there. All the elements are in place and the color is just wonderful. Congratulations. What in the world was the rest of the day like?

Christopher Miller
05-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Paul, all I can say is WOW!!! The colors, the mountain, the elephants coming toward you, everything is just perfect!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Congrats Paul, a stunning image. And your work is inspiring. Congratulations on your award!

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Look at those elephants!

What a glorious image Paul! Thanks for sharing it.

Stunning colors, love the light in this one and your careful composition.

Roman Kurywczak
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey Paul,
Nice when the dream comes true! Big congrats! Glad they listened to you and stopped!

JDGagne
05-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Great shot Paul. There a lot of atmosphere in it.

Cool job,

Jean-Daniel