PDA

View Full Version : Cricket

Alfred Forns
02-01-2008, 09:31 AM
While taking bird images found this little insect Actually not so little They come out in the spring by the hundreds Sure wish I had my diffuser with me this day

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DMk2n
180 Macro
Twin macro lights -1
f 8.0 1/80 sec
AV -2/3

Bob Reimer
02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
OK Al, how do you do it? I would think at f/8 on that sized beast you'd have trouble keeping the legs and front half of the body sharp. I've been looking at some of the macros on your site and they are amazing. You seem to be able to really hold almost perfect depth ... are you manually focusing or do you have some trick AF techniques?

Alfred Forns
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks Bob No I try having the bug as parallel as I can to the plane Also use a crop factor camera rather than full size since it will give slightly better dof

Have not used for a while but you can do some real damage with the little Panasonics I had and FZ30 with a step up ring so I could screw the Nikon 5T Excellent combo The small sensor is a noise making machine but of at 80 However the dof you can get is amazing Might look into the new ones and get another Sure is fun crawling with the small camera !!!

Fabs Forns
02-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Clean and well composed, a winner :)
Flat light is OK with me.

John Cooper
02-01-2008, 10:20 PM
His one handsome cricket Al - very attractive orange and black outfit!! I like the diagonal lines here, very sharp image and the touch of green compliments the subject nicely. well done!!

Christopher C.M. Cooke
02-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Great Image! I have never seen one of these before.

What is your opinion of the 180mm Macro?