PDA

View Full Version : Columbine #3

Roman Kurywczak
05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
When I looked at the first post.....it did seem flat to me and I like what Jules did (thanks Jules!)to bring up the pop which by using the pot lid.....really is what it looked like....almost spotlit. I think what happened is that I was working on the image in the afternoon after getting up at 3:45 am for a bird photography road trip (which was a bust).......I was so worried about blowing the whites in PP'ing.....that I flattened them. Here's one after some sleep.
Canon 1D Mark lll and the Sigma 180mm macro tripod mounted at ISO 400 at f32 for 0.8 sec. 10 second timer, natural light with pot lid and silver reflector. Black BG is laptop case 12 inches away.
Boy is the memorial day challenge going to be tough......have to start thinking f3.5.

Mike Moats
05-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Whoa Roman, nice details, that f/32 works pretty good and don't see any problem with diffraction:D

Charles Wesley
05-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Roman,

Congratulations on your hard work. I really like this photo especially your composition and colors. Have to agree with Mike about lack of diffraction. Must try f/32 myself. Like the diagonal of the stem.

Love my Sigma 180 mm. Yours is working well also...

Julie Kenward
05-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Now there you go! Another gorgeous flower and a beautiful composition. The whites really have depth in this one.

How ARE you going to deal with f/3.2 for the challenge? I can't wait to see!

Stuart Frohm
05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
This is inspirational!
I have photographed columbines near my deck, and your image is superior!
Thanks for the details on your technique.
Stu