PDA

View Full Version : red capped robin

Dejan Stojanovic
05-18-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi All,

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/DejanStojanovic/redcappedrobinimmaturesmall.jpg

ISO 100, 400mm, 1/200 sec, f 5.6, Eos 5D.
this is an immature, not nearly as pretty as the adult males, but nonetheless i like the branches in the pic.
thanks.
D

Leo Berzins
05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Too much branch and not enough bird for me, Dejan, and it looks like you have a dust spot on your sensor directly in front of the bird.

A nice pose, though, and great background colours that complement the Robin well.

Don Thompson
05-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I have to agree with Leo. I am not against showing environment, but I think this is too much.

I do like the background.

Dave Leroy
05-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Dejan, I agree that the branches are very nice, it just leaves the bird too small so I would prefer a tighter crop. Really like the colours and looking forward to the next one. Dave

Ilija Dukovski
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Zdravo Dejane,

Agree with the others on the branches, but the color
composition here is so interesting I would give it
a try and crop about a quarter of the image. I think it is well
worth it.

Dejan Stojanovic
05-19-2009, 12:53 AM
i toyed with the idea of a tighter crop but obviously decided against it. these birds are pretty inconspicuous and that was kind of what i wanted to convey in the pic (this photo is taken in a desert transition zone as well, and the colours of the dead branches add to that IMO). i'm personally not really a fan of super tight crops (as is probably obvious from most of my posts) but appreciate the feedback nonetheless.
thanks!

Francis Bossé
05-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Dejan,

I'm glad you didn't crop it! To me it work great the way it is! Wonderful colors matching... You may want to remove the dust stop in front of the bird...

Ramon M. Casares
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
LOVED IT! I would change a thing, maybe in web it doesn't have much impact, but I am sure that in a large print this would looks VERY nice! Congratulaitons!

Dejan Stojanovic
05-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks Francis and Ramon. the dust spot slipped through the net unfortunately but thats easily fixed.
Much appreciated :)