PDA

View Full Version : Sage Sparrow, belli race

Dan Brown
05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Cropped about 30%, PP'ed in ACR and CS3. I left the tall twig on the right of the bird intentionally. I tried removing it but along with the QM and clone artifacts messing up the BG, the removal made for an unbalanced comp IMO:D. C&C welcome.

Camera Model: NIKON D300, handheld
Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Lens: 80 to 400mm
Focal length: 400mm

ChasMcRae
05-17-2009, 09:51 PM
This may sound strange ,but also interested in where this was imaged and the particular habitat ? and how you were able to image it other than handheld ? The picture story interests me always!
Chas.

Dan Brown
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
This may sound strange ,but also interested in where this was imaged and the particular habitat ? and how you were able to image it other than handheld ? The picture story interests me always!
Chas.

Chas, the image was captured at the top of Sand Creek road, Colusa county CA, east of Arbuckle. I drove up, got out of the car in the chapperal habitat and this guy was there to greet me. He/she let me approach very close and was chipping as though a nest/chick was near by (I didn't find either). I manuvered around thru the brush, always trying to keep a good BG behind the bird an the sun behind me, hence no tripod. But, one could have used a tripod I suppose:)

ChasMcRae
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks ,the story TO ME always enhances the photo although photo editors do not give a darn. Oh well,such is life. I still love the story !
Chas.

Fabs Forns
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Very nice capture and the tall twig frames the bird nicely IMO. Nice head angle and BG. Tree is what it is :)

Stu Bowie
05-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Dan, I like how you have framed him between the two upright bits of foliage. Super pose, with a good head angle, and lots of feather detail shown too.