PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Abstract Winners

Dave Woeller
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Wow, do you guys make it hard to be a judge. Eileen and I have worked hard to come up with our list of winners. This was a highly subjective (aren't they all?) theme and and I'm sure the list would be different with another team of judges. Each entry was a real treat to view and discuss. We based our decisions on the following self imposed guidelines:
Creativity/imagination, vsual impact, and artistic interpretation of the theme within the context of OOTB.
There were 18 entries from 5 different artists. This does not include moderators and publishers. Way to go guys !!! So here is our list.

1) D Mills: Cityworld Population Explosion
2) Mark Fuge: Abstract AGF #7 (although the entire series was a joy)
3) Kerry Perkins: Abstract Tree Bark
4) Jackie Schuknecht: Flight Abstract
5) D Mills: goodbye to Autumn

The postings by the moderators and publishers were another inspiration and show the talent that lives here in this forum.

Beyond that, it is difficult to separate images, and all are honorable mentions.
Eileen and I have enjoyed the opportunity to have judged these images and appreciate the efforts of all who have done this job before.
Thanks to all, you are all winners in our book. And now Eileen and I are off to visit a marriage counseler :):eek::D

denise ippolito
05-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Dave and Eileen, Thankyou both very much!! You did a great job-It was very hard as all art is very subjective especially abstract art!!
Dave Mills -Big Congrats! Great image!!
Mark Fuge-Big Congrats! Nice series!
Kerry and Jackie -Great work guys!!!
Thanks to everyone for your participation!!

Kerry Perkins
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Big congrats Dave - 2 of the top 5! Mark, I enjoyed your series of images a lot. Nice to have you here! Jackie, as always I enjoyed your images too! This was a fun theme to work on and big thanks to Dave and Eileen for stepping up to the judge's table!

Mark Fuge
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I think it was a great week for all who shared their visions. It was fun and let us expand our horizons.

Congrads to the group and also the others who participated amoung the mentors!

Thanks Dave and Eileen for judging this as well. Hope your pre-nep agreements don't fail either of you! ;) :o :D

Now on to a new world adventure. I have been trying, though this is a little different than the abstracts. We'll see what "develops"! :eek: :D

Make A Great Day!

Dave Mills
05-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi Dave and Eileen...I want to thank you both for taking the time to evaluate the images. I also want to offer congrats to the other folks that took the time to enter their images. A fun project I believe we all enjoyed. I laughed when I read the last line about a marriage counselor....

Jackie Schuknecht
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Another fun week in OOTB. You could almost hear Dave and Eileen conferring in the BG. Thoughtful critiques and thanks for taking the time to judge. Dave, great image. Kerry and Mark always fun to see what you come up with. Thanks again to all. We are getting some creative and inspiring images!