PDA

View Full Version : Piping Plover

Brian Barcelos
05-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Happened to come a cross a few of these little guys today on our trip to Cape Cod. I had to low crawl into position to get off a few shots. Felt like I was back in the Army all over again. I definitely need to work on post processing because I can never get the images to look as good as the raw file. Maybe next week I'll be investing in Artie's CD. Thanks for looking and C/C.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2406/3537511424_280ebc756a_o.jpg

Canon EOS 20D
Tv 1/1000
Av 8.0
Evaluative Metering
ISO 200
Tamron 200-500mm@500mm

Arthur Morris
05-16-2009, 07:24 PM
[quote=Brian Barcelos;261151]Happened to come a cross a few of these little guys today on our trip to Cape Cod. I had to low crawl into position to get off a few shots. Felt like I was back in the Army all over again. I definitely need to work on post processing because I can never get the images to look as good as the raw file. Maybe next week I'll be investing in Artie's CD. Thanks for looking and C/C.

A nice low angle and raised foot. If you like the way your RAW file looks then convert it straight up and do nothing. The trick is to make the optimized image look BETTER than the RAW and DB will teach you to do that quickly.

Here, the foreground is distracting so no help with that. But the eye doctor stuff will help here.

Randy Stout
05-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Brian:

Your exposure looks pretty good. I might even brighten the image just a bit.

Because of the OOF foreground, I would crop at least half of it out.

To my eye, the bird isn't critically sharp. You might be able to get a little more with another selective pass of USM. Did you sharpen the file again after you sized for web presentation?

Agree with Artie about the eye needing some work. Very flat looking.

Keep them coming, keep practicing, it gets better! :)

Randy