<O:p
How sad to wonder
What might have been
If we’d just let go
And blossomed…

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Jules,
Very thought provoking and oh so true and ultimately sad. Maybe it's because of my parents.....and everything they sacrificed/deferred that has pushed me to explore what is me.....either way.....great advice and well written......think you could add something about never too late?........because I believe that is ultimately true.....even if you have been a bud up till now!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Beautiful picture and verse Julie. I think there is so much pressure to conform these days that nobody really is their true self. But I think you can channel a lot into your photographs which may be the closest you can get to your "self-expression".

Dave Mills
05-17-2009, 11:08 AM
As Roman referred to *never too late" so does a famous quote which says"It is never too late to be what you might have been"

Lance Warley
05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
This is by far the best job yet of using the photo and the words to complement each other.

Beautifully written and photographed, Jules.

Julie Kenward
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Lance, do you think it would have been more effective if I had chosen an image with a bud AND a blossom? OR does this work best?

Everyone else, I thank you for your suggestions. Roman - it never IS too late. I should know. I was a bud until just a few years ago - now I'm closing in on 50 and the view is great from here! ;)

Lance Warley
05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I think it works better with just the bud image for these reasons:
- Your words are about a dynamic process, a sense of becoming, of growing into something.
- A photo of the blossom would have made it much more static, as in "I'm done. I'm there. I made it"
- Your whole point, and the reason that I love this, Jules, is that it's not about being a blossom, it's about growing into a blossom.
- Blossoms look good for awhile, then wither, die, and are reborn as buds. Perfectly natural and healthy. Buds that never blossom are stuck and stagnant. Not healthy.

You nailed it.

Julie Kenward
05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Great...thanks for the explanation.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I think putting in a blossom would have been too obvious and the bud is just perfect for the text.