PDA

View Full Version : Wild Geranium

Ed Vatza
05-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Stole a hour or so this morning to go out and make a few images. (More of my time is being taken up by my elderly mother who fell recently and broke her hip. She has had surgery and is on her way to rehab - don't know for how long. So what precious little time I had has suddenly been cut into.)

Anyway, I didn't find anything terribly unusual down along my local creek but did come across quite a few Wild Geraniums (of course we have them in our native plant garden in the backyard but it's not quite the same!).

Image made using my Canon 30D; Sigma 150mm macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash w/ LumiQuest Softbox mounted on a flexible flash bracket; tripod-mounted w/ Novoflex Focusing Rail. Conditions were breezy and exposures long so I used a McClamp to steady the flower. Background is a stream. Conditions were overcast.

1/2 sec @ f/22; ISO 100; -1/3 EV; FEC -1

Julie Kenward
05-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Perfect. Next... :D;):D

Seriously, composition, exposure, focus...it's all there. Nothing to say but great image.

Anita Bower
05-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Ed: I like the simple beauty of this image. The dark brown BG works beautifully.

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Ed,
Sorry to hear about your mom. You know I am a huge fan of f22 and up......you nailed it here. Sweet light and details and very nice BG to make the flower really stand out.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Some time ago I photographed an image that looks more or less like this one.

I don't know why but flowers with these colors really catch my attention.

Lovely flower and compo. The ''hairs'' on the stem makes this one a very interesting image.

denise ippolito
05-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Love the BG as much as the flower! Well done.