PDA

View Full Version : Cypress B&W 2

Harold Davis
05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
sorry i havent been around much lately. i've been here, lurking though. really trying to learn how to do some b&w stuff. it aint easy!! here's a try. a place i found last weekend.

D300, 18-200 at 18mm, f/16, 1/30s, +1.0EV, ISO 640, full polarizar filter.

really worked the original in color. find it easier than after the conversion.....then converted with silver efex pro - high structure.

comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated.

Alfred Forns
05-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Strong base image Harold

I have been converting mine with LR and have been impressed !!! The key is smooth change in tonalities plus range !!! You got a good feel and broad range of tones Might work on the area top left ... makes the sky sort of uneven. Doing good !!!!

Kathy Reeves
05-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I do not know much about B&W.----top left is a little dark --but it looks good.

Nonda Surratt
05-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Neat tree! Looks like some posterization (sp) in the BG? Overall quite like it

Gus Cobos
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi Doctor,
Welcome back...missed you...:eek::D I like the image and capture...there is quite a bit of noise in the background; a simple fix...aside from this, it looks very good...:cool:

Lance Peters
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi mr H - Like it a lot - for my personal tastes I would crop about 1/3 from the top (more of a pano feel) and evict the tree branches on the edge of the RHS.
Just the two main trees in the frame would be my ideal shot - simple but effective.
Keep em coming.

denise ippolito
05-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Harold, I think the image is very nice. Agree w/ advice already given-I love the effect on the main tree!

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Harold,
Liked the advice by Lance......but I pulled a little more out of the right tree with some dodging and a bit of contrast brightness layer. I am undecided on the darker sky on the right....as it leads me into the image.....but it may make the RH tree pop even more. Let me know what you think. BTW....this one and the landscape one are definitely worth exploring more.

Oscar Zangroniz
05-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Like the feel of the image H. But, your image is a lot better after Roman put some finishing touches to it.

Harold Davis
05-16-2009, 07:43 PM
yep yep! that's where i was gonna take it, roman. the eviction of the upper branches has to take place. i like what you did.

thanks for all the comments!!