PDA

View Full Version : White Blossom

Rene Quenneville
05-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Here is a simple picture taken hand held early morning this week. Please give me your feedback.
1/1000 s
f/7.1
ISO 400
130 mm

Julie Kenward
05-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Rene, did you by any chance shoot this in RAW? I'm asking because you have blown highlights on the flowers according to the histogram. If you photographed it in RAW format you can go in and recover the highlights and pull back the exposure just a tad and it will give you back some of the details in the petals. You also have a slight pink cast to the whites that could easily be fixed with a white balance adjustment.

That said, the lighting and colors in the BG are gorgeous...I can't believe this wasn't taken in fall. I'd take a little bit off the top of the frame to reduce the darker area of the image and put the white flowers a little closer to the top left corner.

Rene Quenneville
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Thank you for the advice, very well appreciated. I did the slight recrop and correct the white balance. I always shoot in RAW, it was easy to remove 1/3 stop and played with recovery a little. Here is what it looks like:

Julie Kenward
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Big improvement! Now the blossoms really have some depth to them. Man, I can't get over how gorgeous the BG is in this image, Rene. I'd print it and hang it up if I were you.