PDA

View Full Version : A time back

Rob Miner
05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Taken with a D70s and kit lens. Critiques appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi Rob,
I like the s-curve of the rock wall compositionally but am debating a few things including sharpness. Remember to please post the specs of SS/F-stop/ and ISO with other pertinant info so that we can further address tech issues. Will re-visit this when you do.

Rob Miner
05-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Roman, here's the requested info:
Camera Model: NIKON D70s
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 10
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 200
Lens: 18 to 70mm
Focal length: 18mm
Focal length: 27mm (in 35mm film)
Image size: 3008 x 2000
Color space: AdobeRGB
Color profile: ProPhoto RGB

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the update. I'm debating the wall coming out of the right FG and the tree on the right......as I mentioned I like that you looked for an interesting leading line but not sure that f10 is enough to carry the details front to back....although studying this longer....it don't think that is it. Maybe it's just the patch of trees in between the larger 2 or maybe it's too much detail and texture overall .... the image is just too busy for my tastes with no strong focal point to rest my eye on......but let's wait and see what others chime in.

Dave Mills
05-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey Rob, I like your basic comp with a strong leading line. When shooting a scene with a close foreground I recommend you using a higher f stop in the future. I agree with Roman about the image being somewhat busy. To my eye it's the trees in the backround between the two dominant trees that are causing that business...

Rob Miner
05-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Many Thanks fellows. I appreciate your time and constructive criticism. The picture was an effort to learn composition.

Rob........................