PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rican Cloud Forest HDR

susanschermer
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
On the road to La Paz Waterfall Garden which was really messed up by the earthquake a couple of months ago.
This is a 3-shot HDR image from a hand-held camera on AEB and High Speed.
Canon 40D, 28-135mm lens at 60mm.

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Susan,
I like the comp but am not sure on the sharpness as presented. I am not proficient enough in HDR to offer possible suggestions on improvement....but the sat in the FG is a bit heavy/unreal and the brighter fog behind the tree is a bit un-natural looking also....and I suspect an artifact of the HDR. As a landscape guy I will always question hand held versus tripod....especially in these low light situations....but post the specs of SS and f-stop.....including ISO.....so I can make a more comprehensive evaluation.

Paul Marcellini
05-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Love the mood and overall comp Susan. The HDR does need some work to me. I'm am a bit biased against it still but there are some obvious effects of it here. There looks to be haloing around the branches, but it could be a cloud, just looks like hdr halos at first glance. I know the greens can get very saturated in this type of scene but I would desat the foreground just a little.

Dan Brown
05-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Very nice Susan! alot of depth. Very good work to have captured 3 images for HDR handheld!

Mark Fuge
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Nice image. I haven't gotten into HDR yet ... still working with the film to digital transformation! :o

Sharpness was the first thing I wondered about in the image as well. But not one to knock it given the three shot handhold.

Keep working on it, I think you are a lot closer than I am! ;)