PDA

View Full Version : Down the Hatch

Patty Corapi
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
He was enjoying a treat from the famous bait bucket. I was going for the head shot. How'd I do?

Canon 20D, 100-400 mm @ 400, f/8, 1/2000, ISO 400, handheld, manual exposure

Thanks in advance for your time and effort,

Patty Corapi

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Patty and welcome!

You did very well with the exposure in this Heron. I think the composition could be better if the bird was more to the left, allowing you to focus more in the face and open wing. The Heron expression and fish are very nice.

Arthur Morris
01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Jeez, I recongnize that fish! Well done on all counts, but you needed to be a bit higher to keep the horizon line from cutting the bird. Ideally,there would be no white sky at all. Do you remember me complaining about being on my knees (so that I avoided the white sky). Big plusses for the sharpness, the raised wings, the perfect exposure, and for capturing the peak of the action.

Later and love and thanks again for joining us on the SW FLA IPT,

artie

ps: Just noticed Maxis's excellent suggestion about the framing and I agree.

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey Patty,

It was great sharing with you!!! Glad you made it here :)

Great pointers by Maestro and Maxis. Love the iridescence in the fish!

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Basically this image is a cool one. I love the processing technic especially the shapening of the subject. Not sure, however, in the composition. I don't know about the situation but would have gone for vertical.
Szimi

Alfred Forns
01-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Patty, Great to see you posting !!!! Love the sharpness and feel Fully agree with the previous suggestions !!