PDA

View Full Version : Fly me to the moon

Doug Brown
01-31-2008, 11:09 PM
I made a trip down to Bosque del Apache to take pictures during the full moon earlier this month. I got this photo the day before the full moon. Not that it would have brought the moon into focus, but I unintentionally shot this at f/4. Anyhow, I kind of like it.

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/photos/247570766-X2.jpg

Canon 1D Mark III, 500mm, f/4, 1/6400, ISO 320, handheld, no flash

Richard Kowalski
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi Doug,
we were at the Bosque at the same time, and you look familiar... Anyway, I like the effect with the sharp birds & soft moon too... Just the opposite of many of my own images. Wanna trade?

:)

Seriously, I'd like to see a little more sky below the moon, and a touch less above. The compositon just seems a little "bottom heavy" as it is now.

Richard

Doug Brown
02-01-2008, 12:01 AM
That's pretty funny Richard! It would be easy to change the crop. I was trying to give them some space to fly into, but I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for the input.

Bob Glotzhober
02-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh Richard! I like it pretty much as it is. The line of the three geese makes a diagonal from the lower left to the upper right -- to me a pleasing composition. I guess one reason we photo, is that we all like compositions a little different!
Bob Glotzhober