PDA

View Full Version : Crested Lark in evening light

Rosl Roessner
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I just came back from a photographic trip to the Greek Island of Lesbos and want to show my first image:
I wanted to take some images of birds against the evening sky. This is the one I like most, because the bird is so easy to identify by its crest.

I was thinking about cloning out the grass, but it does not disturb for my personal taste. But I think, some of you will not like the grass. So please tell me about that.

Sorry, I can't get the EXIF Details at the moment (another Computer), but will add them in a moment.

All comments very welcome.
Thanks for looking at my image,
Rosl

Ramon M. Casares
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I like the colors of the sky and the silhuette very much although a better profile of the body would've looked even better, nice comp too. Congratulations!

Doug Brown
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
The silhouette is nice and sharp and I love the color of the sky. I don't mind the grass, but would like to see the OOF grass blacker to match the in-focus grass. I would also remove the tiny piece of fence at the bottom left of the image that is not connected to the rest of the fence.

Alexander Koenders
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I see that you olso had a wonderfull time on the Island:) I am verry curios to see the other material you have made over there.

Daniel Cadieux
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Beautiful sky, and the silhouette is top notch! Love the raised crest. My first instinct was to want to remove the OOF grass, but I am glad you kept them. I would fill the hole in the perch below the foot and clone out the extra stuff hanging off the perch that is touching the bottom edge of the frame. Very nice mood to this :-)

Maxis Gamez
05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I like this. Love the light and BG color. I don't mind the habitat!

Arthur Morris
05-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Love the sky color, the grasses, the SILH effect, and the raised crest. Would have preferred a natural perch.

Rosl Roessner
05-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Thank you all for your comments; I would have preferred a natural perch too :)