PDA

View Full Version : Red-shoulder hawk- Viera Wetlands, FL

Shawn Marques
01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
This red-shouldered hawk is feasting on a frog. I know there is not much eye contact but I really liked how the backlighting acted like an x-ray machine! Let us know what you think of it and thanks for looking!

Viera Wetland, FL

Canon EF 600mm, Canon 40D, Gitzo carbon fiber tripod with Wimberley head

1/320s @ f/8.0, ISO 400, taken in overcast skies, mid-afternoon.

John Cooper
02-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Nice capture Shawn of this hawk feeding with good BG. A fill flash would have been beneficial here to throw some light into left side of face (as viewed). A minor nit, but a a little less post and a bit more room at top would improve composition for me.

Alfred Forns
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Fully agree with John Was thinking of light angle but probably the fill flash would be a better option !!! Love that bg !!! Excellent !!!

RR Donavan
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Nice action. I'd like to see a vertical crop.

Roy

Lana Hays
02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Shawn
I always love action images such as this. They make me feel as though I'm there.....and can hear the tearing flesh. In addition to the other suggestions, I think that the image may be a bit over saturated. I like color but I'm not sure that I've ever seen a scene with this much color........just a suggestion. I do like this one.

Maxis Gamez
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Hello Shawn,

What a lovely BG. I have to agree with the fill flash. I made a similar image at Viera last year but like you, I didn't use flash. Still a very nice image.