PDA

View Full Version : Another view at Anastasia

Richard Waas
05-14-2009, 08:46 AM
It was such a glorious sunrise, I wanted to capture it from all angles. This is a 3 shot HDR with my Canon 5D MkII. ISO 200, f/4.0, EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, 16mm, Evaluative Metering, Auto Exposure, Cloudy WB, No Flash. Comments appreciated.

Alfred Forns
05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Richard Love the view angle Really sweet !!!

...btw the not sure you had enough range on the HDR images, can't see much detail in the shadows? Do like it a lot as presented and sure an HDR would work

... but did think HDR right away when I saw it !!! Might be interesting. Just guessing I would start at six stops over for the underside of the pier !!! Fine image !!!

denise ippolito
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Richard, It looks beautiful. Interesting view point. Might need a rotation. Lovely image!

Oscar Zangroniz
05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
D is correct Richard as far as ccw rotation. Non the less very impressive image with great details and tonal range.
Congrats

Gus Cobos
05-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Mr. Waas,
A very fine image indeed, I love the colors...the techs. have been covered...for your next one, it would be interesting to see how it looks with a fisheye...:eek::D:cool:

Cheryl Slechta
05-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Richard - I like the way the dock frames the image and the reflection of the water onto the underside of the
dock at the top. Beautiful colors and detail!

_______
Cheryl

Richard Waas
05-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Al, This is the original HDR with more detail in the underside. There was a lot more noise, but I seemed to have manage that. The other thing was that my thought was to darken the underside a bit which I thought would draw the eye towards the sky. What's your thoughts? Richard

Alfred Forns
05-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Agree the first looks better Richard !!! Not all that much color to make it worth the effort !!! Imagine I was thinking of the crazy bus at Jimbo's :)

Christopher Miller
05-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Definitely the first, Richard! Looks more natural to me and keeps the focus on the sunrise. Well done!