PDA

View Full Version : Hondura and Sucio Rivers

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-13-2009, 09:16 PM
When traveling to the Caribbean side of CR you can drive through one of the most important national parks we have, the reason, more than 50% of the country's biodiversity can be found in this park which features around 120,000 acres of untouched rain forest.

What you see in this picture is the meeting of two important rivers: Sucio, which is the one with yellow waters, volcanic sediments (from Irazu volcano) gives this particular color to its waters, and Hondura river which has clear waters.

Canon 30D
Canon 18-55@18
ISO 100
AV
Tripod
f/22
1/13sec.

Robert Amoruso
05-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Interesting background on the image. Two colors of the water interesting as well. You balanced the merging in the image well and the fog in the BG adds depth. Sky limited was good choice but I would suggest including the tops of the trees on the left.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Juan, this is such a beautiful place. Love the dense forests. The union of two streams/rivers with different colours is quite a sight. The floating clouds add to the image.
Thanks for sharing this scene :)

David Thomasson
05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I love seeing the beautiful scenery in your country. Please keep the images coming!

In this one, I would use levels to selectively brighten the darker green areas, as illustrated here ...

(animated gif)
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6575/hondura2.gif

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Juan,
Nice job composing the scene but I do agree with Robert on the tree tops on the left. I also like the way David brought up the greens a bit.....just enough to add more interest and texture. Nicely composed.