PDA

View Full Version : Golden Orb Weaver

Raymond Packard
01-31-2008, 10:05 PM
This photo was taken along the edge of Lake Tarpon in s.w. Fla about 9am using a Nikon D-70 and Nikkor 105 f 2.8 micro lens 1/60 f16 and used pop up flash because of shady conditions.I'm here to learn all comments please

Mike Boyce
02-01-2008, 01:24 AM
You have captured good color with this image Ray, but it's difficult to truly critque an image this small. If you can upload a larger version, perhaps you would receive more feedback. From what I can see, your focus look good... at least at this size. I would have liked to see more going on as well. I can't tell if the spider is building its web, repairing it, waiting for prey, or what. And presonally, I like to give wildlife room to move, so to speak, in the direction they are facing. The background is great, all very pleasing green and out of focus. Did you use a tripod? As for the pop-up flash, if you were shooting in the micro/macro range, I don't believe the flash would be very effective.

Alfred Forns
02-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi Raymond Try posting to 800 pixels Will be easier to evaluate Let me know if you have any problems getting the right size Just PM !!!