PDA

View Full Version : Safe Passage

Zenon Char
05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/_MG_8451_tonemapped-3.jpg

Harold Davis
05-13-2009, 04:34 AM
nice scene with some moody weather. i think to compo might have been stronger had you moved forward so that the road was entering the frame just above the bottom and the lighthouse was located in the lower right intersecting line of the ROT. that would include more sky and take the horizon out of the middle of the frame. the conversion to b&w looks good to me. could you give us some techs on what you did and the exif data of the image?

Robert Amoruso
05-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Harold has some good points but I think I would include more of the FG then he is suggesting since the rocks are nicely textured and provide for interest in the image. The two rocks protruding into the lower edge should be avoided if possible which I think here panning up or cropping later would do.

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Zenon,
I really like this one compositionally even though it doesn't follow the rules. I also agree with Robert on the 2 FG rocks. I did some levels layers adjustments and a local contrast adjustment as well as a contrast boost on the FG. You can play around with the amounts but in the original I felt that the FG and lighthouse was a bit dark (once I brought it up the rocks even further unbalanced the image).....so I cropped it out. Let me know your thoughts.
PS Please add all the tech specs like SS. fstop etc. so others also learn and it also helps us critique.