PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Bluebird

Kent Wilson
05-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Taken May 11 with Canon 50D, 400mmf/5.6
Av Evaluative, 1/100@ f?8, ISO 400
Flash Comp -1 1/3

The blues look to me over-saturated, but I did not use Vibrance and even de-saturated a bit. What do you think? The colors on these guys were pretty intense.

As always, many thanks for your help.

Christopher Miller
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Kent, I like the image. The pose is very nice with a good HA. Like the colors and the blues don't look over-saturated to me. BG could use a pass of noise reduction. I might also consider cropping to remove some of the perch because it's rather large and IMO grabs attention away from the bird.

Alfred Forns
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Great critique by Chris and fully agree !!

The blue on the top of the wing does look a little over, the rest looks fine. Possible to select that area and lower saturation a bit !!!

Lance Peters
05-13-2009, 02:18 AM
HI Kent - agree with Chris - do like the Pose and HA.

Keep them coming :)

Gus Cobos
05-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Hi Kent,
All of the techs. and good advise have been addressed...I like the capture...my only suggestion would be o run some noise reduction in the background...good show, looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Ilija Dukovski
05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Nice image, I like the head angle and the eye contact a lot.
Agree about the crop. Looking forward to more...

Doug Brown
05-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Love that pose and BG! To the other comments I would add that the left side of the perch looks significantly burned. I would try using a burn brush with lower opacity, and try to burn just the perch instead of spilling over into the BG.

Kent Wilson
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
You are right, Doug, I ws working on about 4 hours sleep and got very sloppy. I agree that I over-burned the perch as well. I need to do some significant repair on this image.

I thank you, and the other folks again for being kind and honest critics.