PDA

View Full Version : Godzirra?

Kenn Christensen
01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
One of my earliest efforts.. I was in Cozumel in the Carribean and these guys were flat out tame on this one beach.. even a bit mean... he was sitting on a stonewall with beautiful caribean lagoon in the BG... if I had a brain in my head Id have backed of the zoom a bit and shot the whole scene... but NOOOOOOO..... I went for the head shot.....
handheld
canon rebel
sigma 50-500
fl 500mm
iso 400
1/1000
f5.6

Fabs Forns
01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Great coloring, but he needs some USM, specially around the head.

Vincent Grafhorst
01-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Well a head this interesting and colourful deserves its portrait taken, but I agree that a photo of the entire animal with that stunning BG would have been great too. Good portrait, but a bit tight on top and to the left IMO. There are some clearly visible jpeg artefact around its spikes probably as a result of sharpening.

Jasper Doest
02-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Hi,

A very interesting and colorful animal. And although I am not a big fan of tight portraits it does word because of the colors. The only thing that bothers me is that it is framed a bit too tight for my personal taste. Be carefull with sharpening...as there are some clear jpg artefacts as Vincent pointed out.

Alfred Forns
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi Ken agree a slight different angle showing less body would work better for the head portrait Agree full scene would have been great Was he around the back side?

D. Robert Franz
02-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Very colorful image. A bit tight as mentioned.