PDA

View Full Version : Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island from Haleakala Volcano on Maui

Mark Fuge
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Canon EOS 5D - EF35-350/3.5-5.6L USM @ 80 mm
ISO 100 -1/125Sec. @ f/8.0 Evaluative metering – Compensation 0

Shot of Kilauea Volcano vapor plume @ HVNP on the Big Island from rim of Haleakala Volcano on Maui.

My first major vacation in digital ... without a ND filter. :(

Have to go back! ;) :D :cool:

Alfred Forns
05-12-2009, 02:10 PM
... good reason to go back !!! ... but can sure do a lot in PS :) Excellent base image with good tones !!!

Ian McHenry
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Beautiful light on the Haleakala cones, looks a bit warmer than the great view @ sunrise.
Ocean entry of lava from Kilauea @ either Waikupanaha or Kupapa'u a neat bonus.
Would love to see more images of Haleakala, amazing place.
Cheers: Ian Mc

denise ippolito
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Mark, When I went to Hawaii-I didn't even know how to work a P&S camera!! Neat perspective!!

Gus Cobos
05-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Hi Mark,
This is a very nice image...wow, I definitely have to visit...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Mark Fuge
05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
... good reason to go back !!! ... but can sure do a lot in PS :) Excellent base image with good tones !!!

Thanks Al,

I've done a lot with it in PP but reach my current limits. I also see additional areas for improvement, but need more experience in PP.

Another reason to go back! Or whatever reasons I can think of!!! :D

My favorite corner of the world. Wish it weren't so far west! :(

Mark Fuge
05-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Beautiful light on the Haleakala cones, looks a bit warmer than the great view @ sunrise.
Ocean entry of lava from Kilauea @ either Waikupanaha or Kupapa'u a neat bonus.
Would love to see more images of Haleakala, amazing place.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Agree. I will have a few more images to post. The cloud was the image I was after. I've been to Haleakala five times in the past, but this was the only clear day. We were there in the afternoon and left after this shot getting to the bottom near sunset. I don't fancy the mountain roads with twists and drop offs. Though it would be a neat place to the see the stars at night.

Mark Fuge
05-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks Denise and Gus, I'm always available as a guide! ;) No tips required, just air fair and accommodations for myself and my assistant (the wife) :D :D