PDA

View Full Version : Wood Storks Preening

Charles Wesley
05-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Here's a photo of two wood storks preening in early evening light. They were really into it. Not sure about this behavior in birds.

Canon 5D, 500 mm f/4.0, 1.4 TC, BB with 550 EX and tripod with Wimberley. The exposure was 1/125 sec. at f/16.0.

Enjoy

Tony Whitehead
05-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Nice capture of allopreening behaviour, Charlie. I really like the clouds showing in the blue BG and the softness of the the light. Flash with a BB may have opened a little detail on the dark areas of the head and neck.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Good capture of this behavior, maybe it is part of bonding/courtship? The whites on the left bird look overexposed and I wish for a lower angle.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Tony and Axel have covered it all. Really like the behavior you captured in this image Charles and the angles are steep at the Farm. The clouds add a very nice touch to this capture. Many thanks for sharing.

Fabs Forns
05-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Nice behavior, if the angle is steep. The clouds in the sky add interest to the image.

Marina Scarr
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi Charlie:

Love the light, the behavior and your environment in this capture. Your point of focus appears to be the greenery in the middle the frame rather than on either stork's face. I would have liked to have seen one of the stork's head a bit sharper. You did great exposing for the whites and I love the detail you picked up in the feathers.