PDA

View Full Version : White Trillium erectum

Bruce Murden
05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Maybury State Park outside the suburbs of Detroit had red and white trillium erectum blooming last week. These flowers seem to pick up breeze that nothing else will, and I didn't have any windbreaks. I would have wanted a steadier shot, and more DOF on the bloom. For this year, I'll jsut go for the comps, and work for better conditions next year.

Nikon D80, Nikkor 105 mm macro, ISO 250, 1/100s @ f/8, Nikon SB-800 manual fill flash @ 1/32 power, tripod. Processed in LR2 with slight warm toning.

denise ippolito
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Bruce, I think this looks very nice.All the curved lines are interesting. I like the slight warming tone and the composition is nice. The OOF stem looks to be larger than the curved stem at the top,probably from the blurring but it doesn't let my mind think they are connected-if that makes any sense.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I like your framing and the sharp focus on the stamens Bruce. I know what you mean about the wind, they seem to pick up the slightest breeze. I never knew white trilliums came in the same shape as the red, I haven't seen them before.

Julie Kenward
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Overall, I really like this...especially the comp and choice of frame. I really like that some points are in focus and others aren't...my eye is dancing over all of them. I do find the large back section of stem to feel disjointed from the front because of the width...you might consider cloning it down just a shave on the outside to make it more uniform. That's totally a personal choice, though...