PDA

View Full Version : Dendrobium Green Lantern

John Lowin
05-12-2009, 06:57 AM
This is one of the Nigro-Hirsute type Dendrobium orchids, (fine dark hairs on canes, flowers direct from canes). I really like the vibrant color and the longevity of the blossoms of this plant. This plant is over ten years old. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn.

f/25 .80s ISO 640
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Gitzo CF 1228 tripod
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Grady Weed
05-12-2009, 08:30 AM
It looks nice. Good color and nice entrance into the frame, the angle of bottom to the top. A couple of things however. 1) your at ISO 640, kinda high. 2) at f/25 and the high ISO it makes for a grainy image. You might want to take that over at ISO 100, get rid of the grain. Also try some more light around the back side. Just a thought.

Julie Kenward
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
What a gorgeous orchid! I've never seen one of these so I really appreciate your sharing this image. I do like the flower as presented but wish there was a bit more variance between the whites of the orchid and the off-white shade of the BG. If you were going for a subtle look I think you achieved it. I also think a popping dark BG would really set it off as well. Keep those orchid images coming...I love them!

Mike Moats
05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey John, nice high key look, good details and colors.