PDA

View Full Version : Spoonie against "The Cave"

Bob Blanchard
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Here's another from the Hooptie Deux trip. This nice Spoonie was walking in the morning light just outside of the heavy shadows (a.k.a - the cave) cast by the Mangoves on the island. I was waiting on him to pass in front of a particulaly dark area to see if I'd like the comp. I'm kind of "middle of the road" on this, and would still prefer nice blue water I think. I still like it though. He definitely "pops" against that dark BG.

Canon 1DsMII, 600mm f/4L, f/4, ISO 200, 1/1250, manual mode, Tripod, standing in the water.
http://catcheroflight.smugmug.com/photos/532194795_DZTsb-L.jpg

Fabs Forns
05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Very good pose and neat BG, considering the mangroves. I think the reds may be oversaturated and there's a hot cluster in the whites (proud White pixel police here :) )

Prefect head angle and good detail in the plumage.

Ramon M. Casares
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Agree with Fabiola here, but I also like the shot very much, specially the walking pose and great head anlge, also that little water drop in the tip of the bill is a nice plus! Congratulatinos!

Scott Frye
05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
The pink reflection makes a nice platform for him to stand on and I like the water dripping from his beak. Burn technique might help the hit whites.

Bob Blanchard
05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks all. I can easily take the whites and reds down a notch. I've been exposing right well into the fifth bar lately. Very easy to turn it down a notch as long as no flashies.