View Full Version : juvi caracara

stuart wanuck
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
nikon d 300 30 mm lens
iso 400 manual handheld 5.6 1250
viera light was harsh

Daniel Cadieux
05-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice backside view of this fella. I wish there was more life to the eyes ( e.g. catchlight(s) and slight lightening of the irises ). I would center the bird's body more (less canvas right, more left) and clean up the clone marks at left. Exposure and sharpness look great. Looks a cooperative one :-)

Maxis Gamez
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Hi Stuart,

Great exposure and colors. The composition looks a little tight for my taste. The image looks very sharp and like how you can see both eyes. Did you do some cloning in the BG?

I noticed you have been using manual mode. I'm glad you are getting the hang of it....good for you!

Keep up the good work!

Ramon M. Casares
05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
The only thing I miss here is the catchlights, other than that I love the pose, the great DOF, the BG, the stunning detail and good exposure. Congratulations.

Steve Canuel
05-11-2009, 11:30 PM
I like the look back pose and the detail of the back feathers. A slight head turn would've been nice to grab a little light in the eyes but as presented it works, and there's some good detail in the eyes and the skin around the beak. Perch seems like it's slightly tilted to the viewer's left but that may be affected by the view of the horizon line.