PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Barn

Tom Walter
05-11-2009, 05:29 PM
The late afternoon shot of this Idaho barn was taken near the Washington border, near Pullman. A galvanized roof was installed on the far side of the barn but it did not interfere with the weathered roof on this side.
Nikon D200
Nikon18-200 3.5-5.6 G VR at 34mm
1/15 sec at f16 at the hyperfocal distance
ISO 200
Tropod<O:p</O:p

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey Tom,
I like the angle chosen as it places the roof line below the trees although I am not sold on that much FG grass. I may eliminate enough of it where the hill actually comes out the bottom.....yes the base of the barn will then appear crooked......but i am OK with that. Nice job minimizing the sky and capturing the entire barn. Hope you played around with only parts of it as this is one interesting prospect.

Harold Davis
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
cool looking barn. some softer light might help this one pop a little more too. the doors alone should have made an interesting compo!!!

Christopher Miller
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice old barn, Tom. Definitely looks like it's seen better days. I like the colors and good job finding an angle to hide the galvanized roof. The barn looks a bit too centered for my taste. Would like to see some more room to the right. Hope you took some closer shots as well because there's a wealth of possibilities in an old barn like this!