PDA

View Full Version : Tulip

Grady Weed
05-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time: 5/11/2009 17:22:28, Shutter Speed 17 Sec, Bulb Exposed. RAW, One Shot, Av F16, Evaluative metering, ISO 100, Lens: EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM. Gitzo Tripod on Manfrotto Ballhead with cable release.

I hung up a black cloth over the dinning room window and played with opening shades at different angles and waited for the right light to happen from outside. It took about 8 frames to get this one, and 1 1/2 hours of time. I think it was well worth the learning experience. My wife liked it. She wants some prints for the living room of her flowers. What do you guy's think of this one? 85% of frame left here and a 8x10 print.

Mike Moats
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey Grady, looks good, nice details, great color. If mine I would clone the hot spot on petal of the right side.

Julie Kenward
05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice one, Grady! Two small things...a hot spot at the top of the furthest right petal and a small thread/spider web sticking off the right side near the flash site. If you are going to print it I'd fix those two small things first.

I'm fine with the flash spot being there but might tone it down a bit.

Your wife is right...this deserves to be hung!

Charles Wesley
05-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Grady,

Love the diagonal and colors. Toning down the HL would really pump this photo IMO. Good job.
Thanks for sharing....