PDA

View Full Version : Triberg waterfalls - Black Forest

Kaushik Balakumar
05-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Made this image during my recent trip to Black Forest (Germany). Spring time & rains added a fresh look to the whole scene.

Techs:
Nikon D300, Nikkor 12-24mm
f/8, 1/10, ISO200
Very mild Orton technique applied.

Comments/critiques welcome...

Colin Knight
05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks for posting this image! IMO, what sets this apart from most waterfall shots is the huge depth the composition has with the largely "flat" or horizontal falls.

Only negative is maybe a bit over saturated on the green channel.

Nicely done!
Colin

Dave Mills
05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
I like the perspective on this image very much and you captured the flowing water well.I agree about the greens being a bit os and the big black border I find distracting.

Charles Wesley
05-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I like the sharp diagonal formed by the flowing water. Very nice exposure....

Paul Marcellini
05-11-2009, 11:03 AM
A really nice comp Kaushik. Great shutter speed for this. I don't find the greens oversaturated but I have seen a lot of shots like this from Washington State, and those greens glow. Again, well done.

Rich Ikerd
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Excellent waterfall image Kaushik. The diagonal of the water's flow leads you right through the image. And I agree that the greens look quite natural for this type of setting.

Richard Lovison
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Beautiful composition and light. I agree with Paul that the choice of shutter speed gave the right amount of blur in the water. Well done.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Beautiful and refreshing place!

Lovely compo and placement of your main subject.

The frame does not work for me but that's just a matter of preferences. jc

Robert Amoruso
05-12-2009, 06:14 AM
This looks like overcast and under such conditions the greens are this deep so they are AOK with me. Great comp on the water flowing diagonal in the frame.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Thank you all for the comments and feedback.
I chose a black border since the image looked better (IMO) against a total black BG. However this is perhaps not jelling well with the forum's white outlook. Thank you for letting me know your opinions.

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey Kaushik,
I too like the flow and am ok with the greens as they are fresh growth and tend to look vivid. I like black borders.....but maybe it is just too large as presented and a thinner one would achieve the same effect. Just something to keep in mind but it still is a a very well composed image.

Harold Davis
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM
greens look great to me. glowing in some nice light. love the mood captured. well done, kaushik!