PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Town Saloon

Dave Mills
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Out in Colorado a few years back and and went to this 6 building ghost town. This was the best looking of the lot and I could put together a composition that I liked.
Nikon D200, 24-120 lense, F22, 1/400, polarizer, iso 200, -1/3 comp, tripod mtd

chris Bycroft
05-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Dave. Excellent image. I wonder if the image may have a better balence if some of the foreground grass was clipped out, making the building more prominant in the image. Thanks for posting.

Paul Marcellini
05-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Looks like a nice place to spend some time. I would crop left to the tree so it more solidly frames that side, and to keep the same ratio, from the bottom as well if you like. I might reduce the contrast a touch(highlight multiply, then bring up in curves). i bet it would make a nice bw too. Everything else looks handled well, given the light.

Robert Amoruso
05-12-2009, 06:12 AM
For the image as presented, I would have liked to see the top of the tree on the right. Alternate version would have required you walk left or right and frame the building with the snow covered peak such as building lower right FG and peak upper left BG. Just some ideas.

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey Dave,
As presented.....this one needs some tweaking and I like the suggestions given above. I may try a bit of a screen layer to bring up the shadow side some also.