PDA

View Full Version : Tricolor

susanschermer
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Sometimes the BG's are very busy at a nesting site, but these flowers seemed to surround the bird in a nice way.
What do you think?
ISO 400, f/16, 1/800
580EX flash set for - something (wish I knew). Why is the EC of the flash not in the metadata?
Mark III 70-200 f2.8 with 1.4 TC

Ramon M. Casares
05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Probably larger this image and its details could be more esy to enjoy, BG is bussy as you pinted out but also as you said the flowers do give a nice enviroment sorrounding the bird, the light is nice as well as the detail and colors, more room to the left could help IMO. Congratulations.

Fabs Forns
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
I like the BG and the light shinning on the back of the bird. You could take advantage of the bigger size, it's easier for us to evaluate :_)

Daniel Cadieux
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I like the overall feel to this, but hard to judge at this size ;-). Perhaps opening up the aperture would have given more separation between bird and BG (especially around bill and behond head/back). I like the included flowers. I would normally be tempted to crop right, but I wouldn't here as to keep the "bouquet" intact. Perhaps a bit more room top, bottom, and left. Beautiful breeding colours!

David Thomasson
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Sometimes the BG's are very busy at a nesting site, but these flowers seemed to surround the bird in a nice way.
What do you think?

I agree. I find the composition very appealing.

I'm not quite convinced of this, but I wonder if simplifying the background a little would strengthen the composition. The two clusters left and right of the subject form a pleasing arc running from upper right to lower left. That line might have greater effect if the other bright spots were taken out. But, as I say, I'm still mulling this over. See how it strikes you.

Animated gif ...

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/7918/composition.gif

susanschermer
05-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Like that, Dave. Definitely improves the BG. Thanks