PDA

View Full Version : Pleasing colors

Rene Quenneville
05-10-2009, 07:13 PM
This picture taken last summer always attracts my eyes. The colors are nice but I do not know about the composition and overall aesthetics. Please give me your thoughts.

1/180 s
f/5.6
150mm macro
no flash
ISO 400

Jackie Schuknecht
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I think it is a pleasing composition Rene. The BG colours are very pretty. I was just wondering if the image has a blue cast to it. The second set of leaves look a bit turquoise to me. Could be my uncalibrated laptop though.

Julie Kenward
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Don't you just love that golden lighting? It's so beautiful and works well with this color palette.

I did a few tweaks to your image...ran noise reduction and cloned out the one piece just to the right of the lower leaf. I took out the couple of black spots on the flower and cropped it from your 9x11 to an 8x10, cutting back a bit from the top and bottom of the frame. I also did a minor curves adjustment to pop the lights and pull down the mid and dark tones just a bit more.

These are all just minor suggestions - you are the one that caught the beautiful light!

Alfred Forns
05-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I like the tighter crop a lot Color wise I sort of like the muted colors in the original No right or wrong here just taste. The muted pastels seem to give it a special mood !!! Either way one fine image !!!

Mike Moats
05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Rene, very nice comp, and agree with Alfred, like the muted colors better. Nice details on the flower.