PDA

View Full Version : "The Breakaways"

John Cooper
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Another area of an interesting part of South Australia known as The breakaways. On this occasion I suddenly found myself with some great cloud formation but could'nt find much in the way of foreground to take full advantage :confused:

Canon EOS 3, Canon 20-35mm lens at approx 24mm, Natural light, F22, Tripod.
Nikon scan @ 4000 dpi

Alfred Forns
02-01-2008, 09:06 AM
John no problem with the foreground Just wish you could have place the horizon lower Those clouds are some kind of intense btw do you have any from Ayers Rock That is one intense place !!!!

Rich Ikerd
02-01-2008, 03:51 PM
I think you made the most out of the opportunity the weather presented. The clouds are super and your composition leads you directly to them. Centering of the hill here really works.

John Cooper
02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
John no problem with the foreground Just wish you could have place the horizon lower Those clouds are some kind of intense btw do you have any from Ayers Rock That is one intense place !!!!

Thanks Al - Yes but my visit to Ayres Rock, in the so called "dry center" was a bit of a wash out!! I stayed there for 4 days waiting for some magic light but it rained every day! :(
I did manage some images of water falls coming off the rock! I will post one soon.

Bret Edge
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Certainly works for me. The clouds give this tremendous depth. I like the nicely textured foreground, too.

Robert Amoruso
02-04-2008, 07:05 AM
John,

Of the many fine images you have posted I think this is one of your strongest. I especially like the fact that you centered the peak and have the clouds so perfectly matched that they lead you eyes to the top of the peak whereas the FG lines also lead to the peak. A great composition and you didn't crop the small bush on the bottom edge. :)

I need to come visit you to take it some of this great scenery.

Travis Novitsky
02-05-2008, 04:10 AM
At first glance of the thumbnail I thought your horizon was too centered....but after opening the image I feel its perfectly fine where it is. I might try a slight clockwise rotation, as it feels a little bit off-level to me....but that could easily be a trick of the eyes.