PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Soft Pink (Abstract Art)

Kaushik Balakumar
05-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Missed seeing this theme & actually posted this image in Macro forum. Now, while browsing thru' OOTB forum, I thought of submitting the same image here. Sorry for double posting !

About the image:
An experimental work for me. Have begun experimenting with in-camera multiple exposures. In this image, I tried 2 exposure with the 1st one keeping the front petal in focus & then the next frame with the rear petal in focus. The camera's multiple exposure option combined the two to give this output as single frame.

Techs:
Nikon D300, Nikkor 105mm VR micro, tripod
f/4, 1/320, ISO200, In-camera multiple exposure (2 frames)
Bit of cropping & some minor adjustments with curves and saturation.

Would love to know your views, critiques & suggestions.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Ditto comments from macro, love it.

denise ippolito
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Kaushik, I think this is beautiful! I love the soft color tones and it does have an abstract look to it. Well done!

Alfred Forns
05-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Love every element of this image ..particularly the little yellow spot on the upper left corner

Great combination of textures and color I like it a lot Big Congrats !!! .... btw the only thing I miss about the Nikon is the multiple in camera exposure ... with blending !!! Awesome feature !!!

Dave Woeller
05-10-2009, 07:44 PM
This has absolutely georgious tones, and is quite a creative approach. The balance of light yellow and green tones brings your eye right into the main subject. Well done from Eileen and Dave