PDA

View Full Version : Three-banded plover

Alexander Koenders
05-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Playing with the natural seroundings of this bird in South Africa I came up with this composition. A lot of space on a dark bagground with little green plands. I hope you'lle like it. Crittics are welcome.

Olympus E3, Zuiko ED300 F2.8, Zuiko 2.0 converter, 600mm focuslenght, 1/500 sec, F8, ISO200, -0.3 stops.

Arthur Morris
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Love the bird and the image design but would like to see a bit more room above the tallest plant. A loverly evironmental portrait.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Beautiful bird Alexander.

May be you could consider a horizontal crop and add some canvas on top.

Stu Bowie
05-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Lovely pose, light, and sharpness in this. The low angle works well, and more space above the plant would have been good.

Alexander Koenders
05-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Very sharp and good details in the bird. Well composed. The larger 'mud-blocks' in the foreground could be reduced a bit more imo.
NB how was LB ?

High Peter,

Lesbos was great bud less migrating birds then last year due to colder weather and strong winds, i was still able to make a lot of beautiful photographs and encounterd 8 new species wich i never saw before:D
The first photgraphs you may find on my website www.alexanderkoenders.nl (http://www.alexanderkoenders.nl) and every day i will ad 4 more pictures of the Island of Lesbos Greece.

Ramon M. Casares
05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Love it as presented, I do agree with the above comment about the room and the mud in the FG, but it still looks very nice as it is, good pose, light, comp, detail and atitude. Congratulations!