PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Motion blur

Alfred Forns
05-10-2009, 08:33 AM
From Bosque a motion blur of a landing goose. Nothing much except holding the focus point steady on the bird and panning smoothly. Varying the shutter speed for different effects since you don't always know how the bird will be landing. When they just hang in the air and hover neat effects can be done at 1/2 second speeds.

btw this technique is not bad at all for doing while the light is harsh since. On this one I wish I had the entire left wing ... it was missed in camera but I still like the image, sometimes is not good being attached to an image since you loose objectivity !!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DMk2n
600 f4.0 IS 1.4X
f18 1/15 th
ISO 50
Manual exp

Gus Cobos
05-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Great capture with the blur Mr. Forns...I like the fast flapping wings and the crystal clear sharp head...well done...:cool:

denise ippolito
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Alfred, This one is so good you don't need the other wing!! Absolutely Terrific!! The colors,the wing blur and the clear face all come together nicely!!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Love, love, love, love it! Don't mind the wing at all. Such beautiful colours and the head in focus. Hope it goes to print Al:)

Harold Davis
05-10-2009, 06:15 PM
man, this is good stuff!!! total package. sharp face, perfect exposure, sweet bg, and very artful!!

Cheryl Slechta
05-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh how beautiful! The blur makes the image like velvet with the warm rich colors and the sharp head makes
it perfect. What wing???

_______
Cheryl:D

Ilija Dukovski
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, now this is a Blur. Excellent feel with head in focus.
Colors are superb too. Nicely done, guru...