PDA

View Full Version : Black-tailed Jackrabbit (I think)

Michael Lloyd
05-09-2009, 02:43 PM
"How's about a little kissy poo"

I shot this in my pasture today...

EOS 1DsMKII
600 f4L IS braced on the fence

ISO 200
1/800s@ f8

Ken Watkins
05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Being from the other side of the pond, I have no idea as to the breed. You have captured a very interesting epression here. I think blurring the BG a little would improve this, and to be really picky a litle bit of the other ear.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Michael,
The image is sharp. The expression is priceless. Love those long ears. I am OK with the BG. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Michael Lloyd
05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone.

Ken- the length of the Jackrabbit's ears and angle of it's head didn't leave me many options as far as DOF goes. I shot at f8 because that was the least that I thought that I could get away with.

Sabyasachi- Thank you. I've got a couple of more images (35 actually). Some are where the ears are up. Unfortunately the forum only allows one thread at a time. I've never figured out if that means one image as well or if I can post multiple images per thread. I've tested the waters and have never had my hand slapped for it but I like this place... I don't want to lose access to it. :D

Peter- It's a full frame vertical image. The ears were up and down and the only way to get the animal to fit in the image with it's ears up was vertical. They (there were actually 3) did not give me much time to shoot when they "posed".