PDA

View Full Version : Heron In Flight

David DesRochers
01-01-2008, 08:23 PM
This is my first post. I look forward to your critiques.
I used the blur pan technique on this shot. My camera was set at shutter priority at about 1/40th of a second.

David

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi David,

You may try and post this type of image in the "Out of the Box" gallery :)

Good panning, you can selectively sharpen the eye a bit more.

The more tech info you include, like lens, camera, time of day, etc, the better we can help you.

big welcome to BPN and looking forward to more :)

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi David and Welcome to BPN.

I wish the bird was just a hair sharper. The wings positions are very nice. Take a look at this image I did few days ago.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196

Burrs are a very strong challenge. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Arthur Morris
01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I like this one a lot but for the noise and a bit too much saturation for me. As Fabs said, the more data you post the more we might be able to help. Was this at the Venice Rookery? (Please try to include the location as well).

thanks on all counts and later and love,

artie

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Welcome David to BPN and first post.

This is a most interesting image and very artistic. I like the way the oranges have blurred in this capture as well as the movement it portrays. I would like to see the eye a little sharper but very lovely image as is. Not an easy technique to learn and you have done it well !!!

Jay Tan
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
This kind of blur shots are my favorite kind of action images! It's pretty artistic and is great that one can still see the head very clearly despite the apparent movement. Agree regarding the noise, if it is a little less noisy, it will be even better! :)